Implement THD-IT Canada Agile Methodology and facilitate Scrum events, including:
- Daily Scrum Team Leadership
- Sprint Planning
- Estimates and Commitments using Story Points
- Daily Stand-ups
- Problem Solving Sessions and Impediment removal
- Sprint Reviews / Demos
- Production Deployment Planning and Change Management coordination
- Team Retrospectives
- KPIs and Financial Reporting
- Lead and facilitate Scrum of Scrums
- Work with Business Product Owner(s) and IT Delivery Manager(s) to ensure continuous delivery of working software that provides the highest value for the business every sprint.
- Observe and understand factors that impact team performance and Velocity with the goal of continuously improving and applying learnings to future sprints
- Foster and support Whole Team Quality.
- Foster high engagement and provide support for distributed Team Members to develop an effective distributed delivery team.
- Support and facilitate interaction with key members from other IT Teams such as Change Management, Infrastructure, Security, Architecture, DBAs, and Offshore Support Team Members
- Report Team KPIs, Metrics and Financials along with risks and issues to the Agile PMO
- Identify and present metrics which Business and IT Stakeholders can best use for decision making where necessary
- Attend and participate in THD Agile Community meetups to contribute and learn about potential improvements to our Agile best practices and delivery approach
- Strive to keep your Team(s) motivated and engaged by providing servant leadership consistent with THD Orange Values as well as encouraging open and honest communication and feedback
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a Certified Scrum Master and 5-10 years of Agile project management experience.
- Project, product, or technical leadership experience in a software development environment
- Expert knowledge of Scrum framework
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with regularly changing priorities
- Open, transparent and clear communication style
- Willing to surface and champion tough issues
- Ability to understand and communicate the big picture, as well as work on details when needed
- Experience facilitating collaborative group workshops and problem-solving sessions
- Strong servant leadership skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with and influence Business Stakeholders, Vendors and Partners
- Ability to coordinate and plan effectively with other IT Teams within an Enterprise
- Experience using Agile Planning Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Kanban Boards)
- Self-motivated, goal orientated, quality driven
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple distributed, cross-functional teams
- Experience with Agile concepts such as User Experience, Design Thinking, Kanban, Extreme Programming and Scaled Agile for Enterprises is preferred.
- Experience with Test Automation and SAP is preferred.If you qualify for this opportunity, please apply!
Plan IT is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.