We are seeking a Senior Internal Auditor for our Corporate client in Toronto, ON. The primary focus of this position is to provide Senior Management, external auditors and the Board of Directors with an independent assessment of the internal control environment by executing the audit projects defined in the annual audit certification plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand and apply current internal auditing standards and techniques
- Assist in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas; provides input to the development of the annual audit plan
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures
- Prepare working papers to support procedure results
- Understand risk management and control concepts
- Familiar with or is learning about control frameworks (COSO and COBIT)
- Familiar with system development and project management methodology, systems, processes and controls
- Use sound judgment in assessing the significance of risks or problems
- Identify opportunities to improve management of risk, controls or the efficiency of operations
- Provide timely response to customer requests
- Make practical and persuasive recommendations for improvement
- Assist in communicating the results of the audit and consulting projects via a written report and oral presentations to management
- Perform related work as assigned by Internal Audit Management.
Education and Qualifications
- University Degree specializing in accounting, finance or computer science
- Achieved or working towards a professional designation ( CPA, CIA, CISA)
- Minimum of two (2) years industry internal audit experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
If you qualify for this opportunity, please apply!
Plan Finance is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.